The Tiptree Award is entirely supported by volunteer labor. Everyone from the motherboard members to the jurors to the treasurer to the webmaster to the people who do the variety of small and large tasks necessary to keep the award going is a volunteer.
Volunteers get three things: the eternal gratitude of the motherboard, the pleasure of a job well done, and a spiffy Space Babe enamel pin. The only way to get a pin is to volunteer.
Fill out the form below to volunteer! You can also email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Not sure what to volunteer for?
Here are some tasks we could use help with:
- People to run bakesales at conventions or other events around the world
- Publicity workers for the award, award winners, and honor list. Could include sticker distribution. We have shiny gold (winner) and silver (honor list) starburst stickers. We like to mail them to bookstores so that after a book has won the Tiptree Award, the bookstore owners can attach this label to the book covers and alert interested readers/buyers.
- Correspondents. We need someone to contact short-listed writers and tell them they’ve been so honored. Once we know how to reach them, we can a certificate and some stickers to each writer
- Social media liaisons and contributors
- People to do other award-related projects, either our ideas or yours!